Tuesday, November 5, 2013

We Bought a 2nd Car!

After months and months of saving and researching, we FINALLY bought a 2nd car. Blaine wanted something sporty and "fun", while I wanted something cheap and reliable that had good gas mileage. We were kinda at opposite ends of a spectrum. Anyway, the fact was that we needed a 2nd car. We have lasted this long without one because of the help of family and because when Blaine is home, he works from home a lot leaving the Camry available for me to use. But there were days that he didn't work from home and he was too far away to pick me up and drop me off at work. Thankfully, m y mom has two cars and would lend me one for the day or week. But one of those cars was a gas guzzler and that was no fun to drive.

It took us forever to buy a car because we couldn't decide on a type of car and on a price. But we finally settled on a hatchback Subara Impreza. We both love Subarus and an Impreza (even though it wasn't the WRX he wanted) was fun enough for Blaine. We woke up one morning to look at a Hyundai Genesis and ended up going to the Subaru dealership next door. We got a great deal on a new 2013 Impreza and felt good about it. Rue came with us too and everybody at the Subaru dealership loved her. She was very patient as we were there for what seemed like forever (I really don't like dealerships…another reason why we took so long to buy a car - I hated going to look at cars!).



Riding home! Rue was weirded out that we weren't in the same car.
One happy guy!
I just realized that I don't have any pictures of the outside of the car, but its silver. We love it so far. It's amazing on gas mileage, has all this technology that obviously wasn't in our Camry and we've found the hatchback to be pretty useful and practical already. I hope this car will stay around for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment