Saturday, January 11, 2014

November

I was so bad at updating the blog in 2013, but you bet that one of my resolutions is to be better at keeping this up-to-date.

November was a great month even though I really really missed fall weather. Here are a couple of things we did throughout the month.

I've really gotten better at going for walks with Rue. We go daily if not sometimes twice and our walks have gotten longer too. We live super close to a cool little place called MainStreet and we discovered this French bakery and stopped to have breakfast there. It is so good.


We went on double date to The Melting Pot with Damaris and Bruce. As always, it was delicious.




The youth of our stake had a really nice temple fireside at a park that overlooks the temple. It was such a special activity. We all sang "I Love to See the Temple" and the Spirit was felt so strongly. A lot of the girls in our ward are new to the church and don't know much about temples. But ever since that fireside, they have had lots of questions and a great desire to go to the temple and do the work for their ancestors. It's not "100 % official" yet but it looks like the temple will be open by April! We are so excited.

My love for these girls keeps on growing! 

We ate a lot of pizza. Blaine's very happy that we live in walking distance to a pizza shop. Look at the size of that thing.


I'm still loving my job and get lots of love and gifts from parents and kids a like. But these bracelets have to be my favorite. I wear them every Wednesday when I see the little girls who made them for me.


The whole family went to Uli and Ivan's primary presentation (Uli's last one!).


I had a nice Thanksgiving lunch at my job. I made these little cornucopias with the help of my mom for my kids. I'm so grateful for nice co-workers incredible bosses, and the children I see and learn so much from.

Blurry picture and just one of the many tables. 

Blaine and I went to a Panthers/Flyers hockey game. It was my first time going to a hockey game. It was fun to go on a different date and have an excuse to drink hot chocolate.




We went to Massachussetts for Thanksgiving. We knew we wouldn't be able to travel for Christmas so it was so nice to see some of Blaine's family before the year ended. It was freezing but we didn't see snow. It was a nice change from the monotonous weather in Florida (still love the warmth though!). I'll write more about our trip in another post.

November definitely flew by this year. I didn't eat enough pumpkin flavored things as I liked but November was a great month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment