Monday, January 21, 2013

Our Trip to Miami Part I

Our trip to Miami was great. It was pretty long since BYU didn't start winter semester the first week of January how they usually do. The temperatures were in the 80s the entire time. Yup. We were in heaven. I was wearing sandals as much as I could and Blaine refused to wear anything other than shorts. 

Here are some of the things we did while we were in Miami: 

Mami greeted us at the airport with a box full of pastelitos de queso, carne, y guayaba y queso, croquetas, and rollitos de queso (Blaine's favorite)... and Iron Beer, too!



We went shopping at my favorite mall - Aventura mall. 


Blaine and Papo played 2k13 quite a bit...


We ate at Cuban Guys, Blaine's favorite little Cuban restaurant. 


Hmmm...mariquitas
We dropped Papo off at the airport :( I was sad that I only had a couple of days with him, but he had to go back to Houston to start off his first semester of college.


We ate at El Palacio de los Jugos (The Palace of Juices) several times. Blaine couldn't get enough of their juice! 



And we had Tio Colo's ice cream sandwiches for dessert... 


Blaine played with Monster and Ini more than usual. I think he was missing Rue a lot :) 


I loved seeing my Mom's Christmas tree. She did a sweet "Candyland" theme this year. Isn't it gorgeous? She is so good at decorating, especially for the holidays. She made half of the ornaments herself. 


My mom did whatever I wanted to my hair almost everyday. I am not good at styling my hair at all. So I took full advantage of my mom's talent and of all the cool hairstyles on my hair board on Pinterest :) I asked her to do a waterfall braid the first day I was there and she got out of hand and ended up doing this crazy thing on my head (pictured below). I asked her to do a french braid, high buns, up-dos, all kinds of braids, etc. I know that I'm 22 (almost 23) and should probably learn how to do this on myself, but come on, it's so much better when Mami does it! 


2 comments:

  1. While your hair is beautiful, I am in love with your mom's tree! Never thought to do a theme each year.......

    ReplyDelete