Friday, April 6, 2012

Looking Forward to...

(in no particular order)

 - Meeting this little guy. Trey Easton Culver. Our newest nephew!  
- Disney with my fam!
- Visiting with the Hoffmann's
- Being done with finals
- Wearing summer clothes and sandals all the time
- Beach beach beach
- Tan tan tanning
- Hearing Spanish more often
- Learning how to cook Cuban from my amazing mom
- Having Cuban bakeries around me
- Complaining about being too hot
- Being with family (both sides!) We're going to try to visit every single family member this summer!
- Easter Sunday and contemplating the resurrection of our Savior
- Easter dinner (last big dinner in our first apartment!)
- Driving across the country with the man of my dreams, having meaningful and silly conversations, getting to know each other even more
- Getting endless hugs and kisses from my family
- Not worrying about school for 4 whole months
 -Visiting the Keys for the first time with Blaine
- Eating at Whale Harbor Inn
- Being in Miami for the FINALS
- Giving Blaine the experience of 49 street when the Heat win
- Being at Yuyo and Uli's award ceremonies
- Meeting my brother's girlfriend, Emily
- Spending time with Papo, my favorite not-so-little little brother
- Eating yummy East Coast food (philly cheesesteaks, wawa, Woodside Creamery, etc.)
- Spending time at the beach house in Rehoboeth
- Eating Grotto's pizza, Dollie's caramel popcorn, Thrasher's fries, Starkey's ice cream and all the other goodies on the boardwalk
 - Waterskiing
- Going to different temples in the cities we visit
- Dancing sessions with the fam
- Dancing salsa
- Double dates with some of our favorite people
- Playing with all my cute nephews and nieces
- Picking up Uli and Yuyo from school
- Celebrating Mother's Day
- Having much-needed girl time with my sister, aunt, mom and mother-in-law
- Shopping with the best sister in the world and being updated on what's cool :)
- Having time to focus on other things in life besides school
- Reading like crazy!
- Hearing the sound of the ocean ::sigh::
- Working on my golf with Blaine
- Living out of a suitcase
- Cooking for family
 - Having beach hair
- Celebrating Independence Day
- Smelling like sun tan lotion and ocean water...all the time
- Embracing all the adventures that come along the way &
- Treasuring every single second with our precious family

Even though it snowed a lot today out of nowhere (I shouldn't be complaining, it's been a great winter and Utah isn't Utah without random snow in April), I have just been extremely happy for some reason. I'm filled with so much gratitude for the life that I have, for my family and friends, for the love I feel from them, for the future that is before us, for this exciting summer vacation (the last as college students), for being healthy and having 1st world problems. Sometimes I worry so much about insignificant things and forget to just sit back, relax, and point out all the wonderful blessings in my life. We're so excited for this summer!

2 comments:

  1. We're excited to see you guys soon! I'm jealous about your upcoming beach time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really put a smile on my face! I have a couple more to the list :)

    ReplyDelete