Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Personal Cuban Chef

So for the last two days, I've been pretty sick. It's no surprise to me. The stress of finals always does this to my frail body. Anyway, since I've been sick Blaine has done most of the cooking. Today, he really really made my day. He started cooking before lunch and forbid me to watch. All I knew was that it had chicken, was made in the crock pot, smelled amazing, and I didn't have to do a thing. I didn't resist.

Dinner comes around and this little white boy surprised me with Cuban chicken fricassee. It was SO good! It tasted just like my mom's food. The only suggestion I would make would be to add Sazon Completa seasoning to the chicken before throwing it in the crock pot. No real Cuban dish is complete without some Sazon Completa! Other than that, WOW! Maybe this is such a big deal to me because I haven't had Cuban food in forever and I haven't been too successful every time I attempt to cook something Cuban. But anyway, I will definitely be making this often since you really can't fail with a crock pot.




I'm so grateful for a husband who takes care of me while I'm sick, and goes beyond that by making me food that I miss so much! Who knew that Blaine would turn out to be my own little Cuban chef :)

No comments:

Post a Comment