Friday, March 18, 2011

Traditions


"Family traditions are like the spiritual and emotional cement in the foundation of a happy home. They create fond memories, and these memories bond us together like nothing else can." ("Traditions Worth Keeping", Ensign, Mar. 1986, 37)

Since I was a little girl, I have always liked the idea of traditions. In my family, we don't have many. But the few that we do have are great! It is so exciting to now have your own family where you can mix and create your own family traditions! Recently, we've just created a few. A lot of them are centered around food. We like to eat! My favorite breakfast food has always been hot chocolate with Cuban bread and butter. This weird combination comes from the Cuban tradition of drinking "cafe con leche with tostadas" (toasted Cuban bread). Being that we don't drink coffee, my family replaced it with some hot chocolate! Since there is no Cuban bread in Utah, we settle for French bread. Smith's sells fresh French bread for only $1.00 on Tuesdays. Hence, Tuesday is Hot Chocolate Night!

As a wedding gift from the Jamie and J.D. Grant, we got an awesome waffle maker! We are obsessed with waffles. To control our craving, we have waffles for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner on Wednesdays. I like my waffles simple and traditional - butter and syrup. Blaine likes to try different things. He puts berries and whipped cream along with other concoctions that he makes. Blaine is a lot more creative than I am. Another reason why I love him!

We also received a sweet fondue set from the Neiderman's - a family from Blaine's ward in Delaware. We are so excited to use it! Our goal is to use it at least once a month on a Friday! That way it's ::drumroll:: Fondue Friday!

So far, having these small things to look forward to during the week has been a lot of fun. Can't wait to create many more family traditions with Blaine!



2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! I guess our is Chilli's take out!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! A tradition is a tradition. I'm sure you have more.

    ReplyDelete