Thursday, October 10, 2013

September

Again, I have falling behind on blogging. October is here and next thing you know it'll be 2014. Does anybody else feel like this year is just flying by? As much as I love the holidays and fall (even though fall is nonexistent in Miami - more on that later), I wish time would just slow down a bit. Anyway, here's what happened in September. 

For Labor Day, we went on a boat ride with my uncle, cousin, Bruce and Damaris. He bought a boat recently and we didn't use it all summer. It was a pretty gloomy day but it was still fun to ride. I didn't get in the water because I felt pretty sick, but everybody else did. 






Ivan turned 8! The baby of the family is now ready to be baptized (he's receiving discussions now). Kinda crazy! We love being around for things like this!



We moved into our own place! We decided not to buy a home. We really needed our own space already, even though my mom is great and buying a place would've meant living with my mom longer. And as much as I'd like to stay in Miami or Florida for as long as we can, our future is definitely uncertain. We're in a 1 bed/1 bath apartment in Miami Lakes right across the street from Main Street - a cute little area with restaurants, a theater, some shops and Coldstone - that's the most important part. We're still fairly close to my job and stayed within ward boundaries. Even though we've been in here for a little while now, I'm still not completely settled in. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm comfortable with my mess! :) Even though it is lonely being entirely by myself when Blaine is gone, it is so nice to have all my stuff back, and having my privacy again. 

Sometimes on Sunday, Blaine and Bruce like to match :) 


We're currently obsessed with Suits.



I hung out with my friends one last time before Andrea made the move to L.A. We ate at a nice thai place in Weston.  When we get together like this, I (strangely) miss our high school days. They were so much fun and I owe it all to these girls. 


A parent of a patient surprised me at work with this awesome gift. Her son is 4 years old and was barely speaking when he first came to me and couldn't sit down for more than a minute for the life of him. Even though there's still a lot of room for him to grow, he's made significant progress. He was one of my first kids and one that I was honestly afraid of treating. Months went by without any progress which was so discouraging and frustrating. Now, he's one of the kids I look forward to seeing the most.  It was really nice of the family to show their gratitude. The Nothing Bundt Cakes were amazing, but what I really loved was the note on the card. Funny thing is Blaine's birthday was that weekend and I had already ordered a Nothing Bundt Cake for his birthday. Needless to say, we had cake for days! No joke I ate cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner one day. Who could blame me? 


Blaine turned 26! My man is getting old - joking I still think he looks like he's 19. To celebrate, we went out to Perricone's for dinner with my family. With him being away so much, we just wanted to stay at home that weekend and be together. 








The last week of September, my job hosted a Spirit Week. Dressing up for spirit week was one of my favorite things to do in high school. We had Sports Day, Pajama Day, Superhero Day, Nerd Day and MTC Spirit Day. I dressed up everyday except for Nerd Day (which was my favorite costume) because I was so sick. But it was really fun to incorporate these things into therapy sessions and to have some kids show up in costume. I really love my job! 

One of the sassiest girls I know!
Sports Day
Even Baby Logan dressed up!
Some of my favorite books
And I forgot to take pictures the rest of the days... anyway, it was fun. 

In September, Blaine traveled to Hartford Connecticut, Sarasota and Puerto Rico. They just switched him over to a bunch of Puerto Rico stores so he'll be there more often now (we should've just moved there!). Needless to say, he's practicing his Spanish a ton. And that's what our September looked like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment