Monday, July 29, 2013

One Serious Update - May

So we've been in Miami for about 3 months...and I haven't blogged once. Needless to say, a lot has happened since we've been here. I hate getting backed up on the blog because its so much harder to continue blogging when you're so behind! But I am determined to get back on track.

This post will be a really quick run-down of what we did in the month of May.

Blaine and I both started out post-grad jobs. We are both so very grateful for the opportunity to have these jobs. I'm an SLP-A and Blaine is around traveling all over the United States as a "Strategic Analyst Consultant" (fancy title). It has been hard to say the least, but it has been a growing experience for us individually as well for our marriage.

A drawing of me by one of my kids - an 11-year old with autism.

Here's a list of all the places Blaine has been to so far:

  - San Clemente California (3 times - Dealersocket HQ is here)
  - Duluth Minnesota
  - San Juan Puerto Rico
  - Newark New Jersey
  - Princeton New Jersey
  - Atlanta Georgia
  - Seattle Washington
  - Myrtle Beach South Carolina
  - Easley Georgia
  - Harrisburg Pennsylvania (close to York, PA  - where Kevin lives and where Demery will be living  soon. They were able to meet up for dinner!)

Blaine has become a pro at packing and getting through security. He is also becoming a hotel snob and a serious foodie since he gets to eat out all the time. Sometimes, I wish I could just go with him wherever he goes! He has also become a pro at contacting me (he's always been horrible with emails, texts, and phone calls) and has been very thoughtful. He tries to bring me a small gift back from his travels or surprises me with flowers at home.


Rainbow sandals straight from the factory!

We were called to serve as Primary teachers for the 11 and 12-year olds. We loved it!

We went to the beach with Rue for the first time (she still hasn't warmed up to the water but loves all the commotion at the beach).



We had a little "Welcome Home" dinner at my Tia's the first Sunday we were here.

Yummy 3 leches cake
We've gone out to eat with the family a lot...and have eaten way too much Cuban food.



I've been helping my mom with a little side business called Bow Chic - she makes pretty cute bows! So far, we've had decent success with it. And...I have unlimited access to bows!


We went to Disney World for Memorial Day Weekend to celebrate Bruce and Damaris' birthday.

Hollywood Studios

At Disney's biggest pool


Birthday girl
We stayed in a Cars themed suite. 
Hanging around the resort.
The view from our room.

"It's Tough to be a Bug!"
Animal Kingdom
Abuelo being silly
Epcot
Birthday dinner with the Hoffmanns
We've been able to hang out with Uli and Ivan, especially me since my job is less than a mile from their house. I was also able to attend Uli's 5th grade graduation. He starts middle school in a month at a super prestigious young men prep academy. He was the only boy to receive straight A's all year long. We were so proud of him!

Picking them up from school. 


I've been able to hang out with my sister a lot...as well as some of my friends. They keep me company when Blaine's not around on Friday nights! It works out because Bruce works late Friday nights as well.

Caro, Daniela, me, Damaris & Andrea
I've also been able to run with my sister in some pretty nice spots in Miami. I love all the green and having the ocean so close!



The heat here is ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment