Thursday, December 6, 2012

"The Real Joy of Christmas"

This year, we were fortunate enough to get tickets (again) to the annual First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I love this devotional. It is definitely one of my favorite things about Christmas. I feel that the timing of it (they always have it on the 1st Sunday in December) is perfect. It reminds us of what Christmas is really about - the birth of the Savior. The messages were beautiful and inspiring. 


After the devotional, we went to Temple Square to see all of the lights on display. It was beautiful. I especially loved the simple, white nativity on the reflection pond right in front of the temple. 



Steve, Mechaella, us, & the Stevensons
It is my hope that I can keep this holiday season centered around the Savior and not let all of the other frivolous things stress me out and get in the way of the joy, peace, and love that we're supposed to experience during Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment